Karma Yoga Program @ YogaSpark
YogaSpark 2016 Teacher Training
In YogaSpark’s Hot Power Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum, you will learn:
- Fundamentals of the Poses: Basic Alignment and the Right Alignment for You
- Adjustments - Yoga Philosophy & History - Anatomy for Yoga and Injury Prevention
- Teaching Classes & Dynamic Sequencing
- Expertise in Teaching Hot Yoga (although learnings are applicable to non-heated classes)
- A Whole Lot of Other Powerful Stuff
- Attend, be present and be actively involved in all sessions. No more than 3 absences will be allowed. If you miss any session, you will be responsible for learning the material either on your own or by scheduling a private session (at additional cost) with the appropriate instructor.
- Weekly reading & homework
- Take 3 YogaSpark classes per week
- 5 class observations and/or adjusting YogaSpark classes over the course of the program
- Quizzes & final written exam
- Demonstrate ability to teach a full Community class before graduation
Hours & Dates:
- Wednesday, January 20th through Saturday, April 16
- No class Feb 13-17 and March 23-27
We will meet:
- Wednesdays 5pm – 8pm
- Saturdays 9:45am – 4pm
- Sundays 11:30am – 5:30pm
Cost & Payment
- $3,000 if you sign up by December 15; $3,300 if you apply by January 4th; all payments due by January 12th. Program fee includes: unlimited classes, mat rentals, and shower towel rentals at YogaSpark for duration of Teacher Training; YogaSpark’s Teacher Training Manual; 20% discount on all class series purchased for yourself before TT starts (1-year expiration applies); 20% discount on all retail excluding beverages; 20% discount on all workshops or special events held at the studio from now through April 16, 2015.
- $1,000 non-refundable deposit towards your program fee is due upon acceptance into the program. Balance of program fee is due by January 11. Pay by check, cash or credit card. If paying online, the full program fee is the only option. To pay the deposit or a partial amount, please call the studio.
- A portion of your program fee can be defrayed by contributing your time helping out at YogaSpark. Please email [email protected] if you are interested in this option. To apply to YogaSpark Teacher Training, you can apply online here, or, email [email protected] to request an application. We will notify you of acceptance into the program within 5 business days of application receipt, and you can pay online or in studio at that point.
YogaSpark is a RYS (Registered Yoga School) with the Yoga Alliance. All graduates from YogaSpark Teacher Training may apply to be a 200-hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with the Yoga Alliance. Any further questions? Email us! [email protected].